Signamax Connectivity Systems Gigabit Ethernet Media Converter is a 10/100/1000BaseT/TX to 1000Base SFP converter that utilizes Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) Gigabit Ethernet fiber optic modules to provide the fiber optic pathway. This allows the same converter to be used for 1000Base fiber connections over both multimode and singlemode fiber optic cables atdifferent span lengths by merely sliding in an appropriate SFP module. A number of different SFP modules are available for various multimode or singlemode fiber applications.
The 065-1096 is a switching media converter that auto-negotiates speed and duplex mode on its twistedpair connection. 10BaseT, 100BaseTX, or 1000BaseT connections are automatically speed and duplex mode matched to the Gigabit Ethernet fiber optic connections.
Product FeaturesKEY FEATURES
- Switch-defeatable Link Fault Signaling (LFS) to operate in concert with managed Ethernet switches.
- Alarm and status LEDs to monitor both the fiber link and the twisted-pair copper link.
- SFP slot allows flexible, cost-effective, and easy Gigabit Ethernet fiber link configuration.
- Supports auto-negotiation of speed and duplex mode plus Auto MDI/MDI-X on the RJ-45 port.
- Distance extension from 220 meters up to 110 km is possible in full duplex mode.
SpecificationsSPECIFICATIONS APPLICABLE STANDARDS
- IEEE 802.3 (10BaseT Ethernet)
- IEEE 802.3u (100BaseTX & 100BaseFX Fast Ethernet)
- IEEE 802.3ab 1000BaseT
- IEEE 802.3z 1000BaseSX/LX
- 1 x RJ-45 Twisted Pair; 10/100/1000BaseT/TX
- 1 x 1000Base SFP module slots
- Twisted Pair: 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps, or 1000 Mbps
- Fiber SFP Slot: 1000 Mbps
- Copper: 100 meters
- Fiber: 220 meters to 80 km; varies based upon fiber type and SFP model chosen for use.
- PWR (green): Illuminates under normal operation.
- ALM (red): Illuminated when failure occurs on any fiber link or on Link Fault Signaling (LFS).
- LNK/ACT (green): Illuminated when receiving link pulses from compliant devices; flashing when data packets are being transmitted or received. Fiber port indicator is located on the front panel; copper port indicator is located in the upper right corner of the RJ-45 jack.
- 1000 (green): Illuminated when the copper port has auto-negotiated to 1000BaseT speed; located in the upper left corner of the RJ-45 jack.
- Latency: < 4.2 Bs (LIFO)
- Throughput @ 100Base: 148,810 pps (64-byte packets)
- Throughput @ 1000Base: 1,488,100 pps (64-byte packets)
- Temperature: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)
- Relative Humidity: 10% to 90%, non-condensing
- Temperature: -4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 90%, non-condensing
- Operating Voltage: 9 - 32 Volts DC
- Power Supply: 12 Volts DC, 0.8 A
- Dimensions: 4.30 x 2.91 x 0.92 inches [D x W x H] (109.2 x 73.8 x 23.4mm)
- Weight: 0.35 lbs. (160 grams)
- FCC Part 15 of Class A & CE approved