The Corning UniCam® Standard-Performance Male SC Connector offers best-in-class optical performance in a fast, easy field-termination solution ideal for fiber-to-the-workstation applications where setup and teardown time is critical. This male SC connector is designed for 62.5 µm multimode (OM1) fiber optics. It features a ceramic ferrule with beige housing and boot, and it is field-installable.
The high-precision mechanical splice technology enables fiber optic networks to be installed quickly and cost effectively.
UniCam® Standard-Performance SC Connector Features:
- High-performance cleaver virtually eliminate human variability from installation
- The patented, high-precision mechanical splice technology enables fiber optic networks to be installed quickly and cost effectively
- This kit was designed with consideration for network installers
- Dual-clamp precision hold, to the installation tool, with its immediate go/no-go feedback signal
- Intermateability: Connectors are FOCIS compliant with TIA/EIA 604-3 (SC) and TIA/EIA 604-2 (ST® Compatible)
- Qualification: Compliant to TIA/EIA 568-B.3
- Durability: 0.2 dB change, 500 rematings, FOTP-21
- Tensile Strength: 10 lb ≤ 0.2 dB change on jacketed cable; 0.5 lb ≤ 0.2 dB change on 900 μm cable; FOTP-6
- Operating Temperature: -0º to +60ºC, meets TIA/EIA 568-B.3