Corning's UniCam® High-Performance OM2 SC Connector is the next step up, offering a noticeable increase in performance quality over the Standard-Performance connector, boasting a typical insertion loss of 0.1 dB and maximum insertion loss of 0.5 dB for best-in-class optical performance.
The High-Performance SC connector was designed to optimize your OM2 multimode applications, helping you to get the most out of your bandwidth with the lowest possible transmission loss. This connector is ideal for a variety of applications, including telecommunications, data processing network and device termination.
UniCam® OM2 SC High-Performance Fiber Connector Features:
- 2.0 mm and 2.9 mm boots.
- Ceramic ferrule, for use in OM2 Multimode applications
- Black color housing and boot
- 0.1 dB typical/0.5 dB maximum insertion loss per connector pair for exceptional network performance
- Factory-polished end-face for consistent optical performance and factory quality
- Intermateability: Connectors are FOCIS compliant with TIA/EIA 604-3 (SC)
- Qualification: Passed EIA/TIA 568-B.3
- Durability: 0.2 dB change, 500 rematings, FOTP-21
- Tensile Strength: 10 lb ≤ 0.2 dB change on jacketed cable; 0.5 lb ≤ 0.2 dB change on 900 μm cable; FOTP-6
- Operating Temperature: -40º to +75ºC, exceeding EIA/TIA 568-B.3