Corning Cable Systems Spider Fan-Out Kits provide a low-cost furcation option for multifiber cables. Offering the end user simple step-by-step assembly, these kits are designed for factory and field furcation of 4- to 24- fiber tight-buffered and loose tube non-armored cables into 2.0 mm or 2.9 mm jacketed legs and eliminate the need for patch panels. The spider fan-out kit furcates and provides pull-out protection for bare fibers (900µm or 250µm). The cable jacket is simply stripped back and the fibers are threaded into the modular 6-fiber fan-out inserts consisting of six 1 m lengths of fan-out tubing secured in a composite assembly.
Comprised of an inner tube, an aramid yarn strength member and an outer protective PVDF jacket, the fan-out tubing provides three layers of protection. The fan-out insert then snaps into the main spider housing. When all the inserts have been loaded, the outer housing is installed to complete the assembly.
- Environment: Indoor
- Fanout Type: Spider
- Product Type (FOJP): Fan-Out Kits
- Furcation Length (Metric): 121 mm
- Furcation Length (US): 4.75 in
- Max. cable outer diameter (Fan-Out Kit) (Metric): 7.1 mm
- Max. cable outer diameter (Fan-Out Kit) (US): 0.28 in
- Min. cable outer diameter (Metric): 4.6 mm
- Min. cable outer diameter (US): 0.18 in
- Outer Diameter (Fan-Out Kit) (Metric): 3 mm
- Outer Diameter (Fan-Out Kit) (US): 0.11 in
Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2002/95/EG