120 Strand, OSP Dry Block Loose Tube, Direct Burial Construction
Buffer tubeHigh Modulus Polymeric material. Dimension: 2.8 mm., nominal. Tube and fiber color code per EIA/TIA-598 or as specified by customer. Filling compound: A non-toxic and dermatological safe antioxidant hydrocarbon based gel.
Dielectric Central strength member.Epoxy glass rod with an up-coat of polymer (if necessary per construction). Water swellable yarns are to be pulled in with the CSM.
Cable Core:The cable elements are stranded around the CSM, using reverse oscillation. Moisture Resistance: A water blocking tape is applied over the cable core to prevent water ingress and migration with a nominal of 25% overlap. Non-wicking binder yarns are applied over the core tape.
MECHANICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE
- Impact Resistance: 25 Impacts (min.)
- Flexing, ±90°: 25 Cycles (min.)
- Minimum bending radius: Loaded: 20 x diameter, Unloaded: 10 x diameter
- Crush Resistance: 440N/cm
- Twist Test: 25 Cycles (min.)