The UniCam® High-Performance, Singlemode Male SC Fiber Optic Connector from Corning is the ideal solution for all your field-installable single-mode fiber optic connector requirements. The quick installation reduces the total installed cost of connectivity, making the UniCam connector a budget-friendly solution for all fiber applications, from the main cross-connect to the workstation.
The UniCam SC connector incorporates a factory-installed fiber stub that is fully bonded in the ferrule. The other end is cleaved and placed with precision into the patented alignment mechanism of the mechanical splice. Both the fiber stub and field fiber are completely protected from environmental factors.
Unlike other connectors of its type, the UniCam connector requires no polishing, because UniCam single-mode connectors are the only pre-polished end-face, field-installable connectors that can ensure reflectance performance.
UniCam® Singlemode SC Fiber Connector Features:
- Blue ceramic ferrule
- Fastest termination time in the industry
- Stable performance
- Easy to install
- Qualification: Passed EIA/TIA 568-B.3
- Durability: 0.2 dB change, 500 rematings, FOTP-21
- Tensile Strength: 10 lb ≤ 0.2 dB change on jacketed cable; 0.5 lb ≤ 0.2 dB change on 900 μm cable; FOTP-6
- Operating Temperature: -40º to +75ºC, exceeding EIA/TIA 568-B.3