The Fiber OWL 7 SM Test Kit contains the tools necessary for certifying fiber optic links against a myriad of popular cabling standards in singlemode networks, commonly referred to in the industry as Tier 1 certification.
The Fiber OWL 7 (p/n: F7X) optical power meter is multimode and singlemode ready, and contains a user-friendly Fiber Link Wizard with color diagrams to guide the setup process, calculate the link budget, and set the optical reference. Up to 10,000 fiber runs may be stored in internal memory, and can be downloaded to a PC for report generation with OWLView software.
Intelligent automated testing functions include automatic dualwavelength storage and auto-wavelength recognition which reduce testing time and human error.
The universal detector port on the F7X comes with 2 adapter caps, one for 2.5mm connectors such as SC, ST, and FC, and the other for 1.25mm connectors such as LC. The length testing port is SC.
The WaveSource Pro SM/VFL (p/n: WPSX) fiber optic light source is designed for accurate testing and certification of singlemode (1310nm & 1550nm) networks. Its dual-wavelength outputs are temperature-stabilized for accurate measurements.
The WPSV has a built-in auto-wavelength switching protocol designed to synchronize the wavelength of the F7X with the current output wavelength.
The light source comes configured with SC connector ports.
- Full-featured Tier 1 fiber link certification
- Optical loss (attenuation) measurement
- Optical power measurement
- Continuity testing
- Patch cord verification
- Fiber optic link length measurement
- Standards-based link certification for multimode and singlemode fiber links
- Color LCD indicates PASS/FAIL status based on color
- Unlimited job configurations
- User-friendly Link Wizard with helpful color on-screen diagrams to help guide the setup process
- Auto-wavelength recognition and data storage reduces testing time and human error
- Up to 10,000 test readings can be stored in memory
- Integrated length tester for accurate end-to-end link length measurements, a critical factor for link budget calculation
- Prints official certification reports via OWLView certification software
- Re-chargeable Lithium Polymer battery
- NIST Traceable