Signamax Connectivity Systems' new 065-1196SFPDR 10/100/1000BaseT/TX to 100/1000Base SFP Switching Media Converter provides a flexible and intelligent solution for long distance connections between legacy 10BaseT and 100BaseTX networks and either 1000Base Gigabit Ethernet fiber or 100Base fiber networks. The built-in 10/100/1000 switch enables the fiber cable connection to operate at 1000 Mbps connected to either a 10BaseT, 100BaseTX, or a 1000BaseT network, while remaining completely 1000BaseSX/LX OR 100BaseFX/BX standard-compliant for the fiber optic connection. The fiber connection can also operate in full duplex mode whether the RJ-45 port is connected to a full duplex switch or a half duplex legacy hub.
The 065-1196SFPDR dual-rate fiber Media Converter includes: extremely low latency of =1.6 μs, FIFO, worst case; the ability to force the RJ-45 port to 100Base or 10Base full or half-duplex modes; the ability to provide auto-negotiation on the 1000Base fiber port or forced full-duplex mode where required; and the enabling or disabling of the Link Fault Signaling feature. Link Fault Signaling provides a means of propagating a link drop on either port of the media converter to the other port, enabling a connected managed switch to see the link drop and respond to it using Spanning Tree Protocol or another recovery scheme. The built-in switch and its store-and-forward switching architecture performs the network segmentation that allows the maximum fiber distance extension. If you are looking for a media converter with maximum flexibility, look no further than the Signamax 065-1196SFPDR.
- Dual-Rate 1000Base or 100Base SFP capability for maximum flexibility in legacy networks.
- Complies with IEEE 802.3 10BaseT, 802.3u 100BaseTX, 802.3ab 1000BaseT, 802.3z 1000BaseSX/LX.
- Extremely low latency (=1.6 μs, FIFO, worst case) supports larger multi-hop networks.
- Extremely high reliability; MTBF of 1,857,775.35 hours (212.07 years), calculated via the Part Stress Analysis Method.
- Gigabit transmission supports 9K bytes jumbo frames.
- Supports IEEE 802.3x Flow controls: Flow control for full duplex and back pressure for half duplex.
- Auto-Negotiation, Auto-MDI/MDIX.
- DIP switch configuration for Link Fault Signaling, fiber auto/ force mode, and SFP 100Base or 1000Base modes.
- Full wire-speed forwarding rate.
- Packed with 12VDC external universal power supply.
- Supports wall mounting installation or use with Signamax 065-1185 media converter rack mount chassis.
IEEE 802.3 10BaseT
IEEE 802.3u 100BaseTX
IEEE 802.3ab 1000BaseT
IEEE 802.3z 1000BaseSX
IEEE 802.3z 1000BaseLX
IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
1 - RJ-45 10/100/10000BaseT/TX port.
1 -Dual-rate 1000Base or 100Base SFP receptacle.
LED STATUS INDICATORS
Power; LFS Status; Link Copper; Link Fiber; Copper port speed (Green = 1000 Mbps, Amber = 100 Mbps, off = 10 Mbps); SFP fiber port speed indicator. Six LEDs total
Latency: =1.6 μs (FIFO).
MTBF: 1,857,775.35 hours (212.07 years), calculated via the Part Stress Analysis Method.
Throughput, per port: @ 1000Base: 1,488,100 pps (64-byte packets); @ 100Base: 148,810 pps (64-byte packets)
Switch Fabric Speed: 4.0 Gbps (non-blocking, wire speed performance)
Frame Buffer: 12K total (Tx buffer = 4K, Rx buffer = 4K, 8051microcontroller use = 4K).
DIP SWITCH SETTINGS
SFP-dependent. Please see our website for SFP availability and specification information.
Power Requirement: 12 VDC
Power Supply Provided: Primary: 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz. Secondary: 12 VDC, 600 ma, center contact positive.
Power Consumption: 2.76 watts maximum.
Maximum Current Consumption: 0.23A @ 12VDC.
Operating Temperature: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)
Storage Temperature: -14°F to 158°F (-10°C to 70°C)
Relative Humidity: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
Case dimensions: 4.3"L x 3.16"W x 0.94"H (109.2mm x 83mm x 23.8mm)
Fiber connector protrusion varies with model.
Weight: 1.76 pounds (500 grams)
Safety: CE Mark Class A
EMI: FCC Part 15 Class A; VCCI Class A
Manufactured in an ISO 9001 facility.