Bandwidth demands continue to soar to ultra high requirements for data centers and telecommunications offices as they strive to maintain a healthy status as the backbone of the internet. The LightWave 8-Fiber MTP/MPO QSFP-QSFP Fiber Optic Cable helps take on the challenges of 40G/100G/128G applications with a multifiber cable for connecting between QSFP transceivers.
MTP brand connectors are a significant improvement over the MPO connector style upon which they are built. This is thanks to an impressive number of enhancements like ferrule float, removable housing and patented pin tips, all of which help to give you best possible connectivity accuracy and quality.
With Singlemode OS2 fiber optics, experience data transmissions over a 1Gbps link with a 9/125 micron glass fiber over a distance of up to 10,000 meters at a wavelength of 1310nm. For a 10Gbps link, you can transfer data over a distance of up to 5,000 meters at 1310nm, and 30,000 meters at 1550nm.
Each cable is assembled in-house at our local facility, and tested for interferometry and insertion loss, all in an effort to bring you the highest possible American-made quality and performance that LightWave cables provide.
LightWave brand MTP Cables are fully compliant with the guidelines of the Trade Agreements Act (TAA), and are approved for United States Government use.
Installed: Rollover polarity is used primarily for connecting between switches and transceivers in 40Gb applications, as is the purpose of this QSFP to QSFP cable.
8-Fiber MTP/MPO QSFP-QSFP Fiber Optic Cable Features
- Eight fibers in a single connector
- High density connections between network equipment in telecommunication rooms
- Easy installation and removal with push-pull latching
- Compact design for high fiber-count applications with space limitations
- 9/125ï¿½m OS2 glass fiber
- Plenum-rated yellow jacket
- 8-Fiber count
- Nominal Diameter: 3.0mm
- Weight: 6 lbs
- Bend Radius: 1.8in (Installation), 1.2in (Long-term)
|Fiber Description & Type||Typical Attenuation (dB/km))||1 Gbps Ethernet Distance (Meters)||10 Gbps Ethernet Distance (Meters)|
|Singlemode, Tight Buffer||1310nm||1383nm||1550nm||1625nm||1310nm||1310nm||1550nm|
Each cable order includes:
- Hard copy of test results for each cable
- CD with digital copy of test results for each cable
- "Peel & Place" Fiber Optic Selection Guide
- Logo Sticker
MTPï¿½ is a registered trademark of US Conec Ltd.