Pierside Connector Features
- Easy and managable installations. The Pierside connector provides a true hermaphroditic design, allowing this connector to mate plug-to-plug or plug-to-receptacle. This allows for flexibility and quick fiber system deployments when multiple units are daisy-chained together. As one of the only manufacturers providing a true hermaphroditic dust cap as a standard, Pierside is capable of mating without regard for male or female gender of the interfacing connector.
- Standards compliant. Available in single-mode, multimode or a combination of both, Pierside is compliant with the Commercial Item Description (CID) standard issued by the Naval Sea Command.
- Comprehensive options for a variety of uses. Pierside affords the most comprehensive complement of options available, including hermaphroditic or standard dust caps, strain-relief receptacles, 90° plugs and more. The interchangeable Detachable Socket Insert (DSI) and termini enable users to replace components as needed. Pierside is interoperable with other connectors complying to the same standard and features an hermaphroditic dust cap as a standard provision.
- Extremely strong, lightweight, rugged, survivable tight-buffered cables designed for military tactical field use and commercial applications
- Polyurethane jacketed for abrasion, cut, crush, impact, and chemical resistance
- Breakout cable design with individual color-coded subcables protecting each optical fiber
- Crush resistant and resilient
- Helically stranded cable core for flexibility, deployment survivability and exceptional mechanical protection for the optical fibers
- Cables have been tested and are in use in military data communications applications worldwide
- Excellent for use in deployment/retrieval applications
- Can be used Outdoors for temporary deployment directly on the ground in all terrains, including severe environments
- Suitable for industrial, mining and petrochemical environments - chemical resistant
- Round cable design for easy installation and survivability
- Ideally suited for use with MIL-C-38999 style military connectors - subcables terminate to individual "pins" and overall aramid strength member terminates to backshell
- 2.0 mm subcables standard
- Tactical Polyurethane (C) outer jacket material is standard. Flame retardant (E), Flame retardant tactical (V) and low smoke zero halogen (G) outer jacket materials are available
- Ship-to-Shore Communications Umbilical Connect
- Mobile Emergency Telecommunications Stations
- Mobile Tactical Shelters
- U.S. Army, Navy, and Marine Corps Military Tactical Deployments
- Oil and Gas Industries