The dramatic growth of high-bandwidth wireless access points and other IP-enabled devices, such as surveillance cameras and building automation equipment has created a demand for a field installable modular plug that is simple to terminate and meets Cat6A performance requirements. In addition, there has been an increased requirement for field terminable plugs in data centers to enable construction of high-performance custom-length cable assemblies for enhanced cable management.
OCC's new Category 6A field terminable plug is simple to terminate with no specialized tools required and supports high-performance 10 Gigabit networks. Termination is accomplished by simply inserting the conductors into the wire manager, squeezing the wire manager to terminate the conductors and inserting wire manager into the plug housing. All eight conductors are simultaneously terminated when the wire manager is squeezed. This process ensures consistent, reliable terminations every time.
The Field Terminable Plug meets TIA-568-C.2 Category 6A component performance and is compliant with ISO/IEC 11801:2002 AMENDMENT 2 Class EA. It is also backwards compatible for use in Category 5e and Category 6 Direct Attach links or channels. Field Terminable Plugs used as part of an end-to-end OCC copper cabling solution and tested using OCC's Field Plug Test Adapter are backed by OCC's 25-year MDIS Direct Attach System Performance Warranty.
• Wireless Access Points
• IP Security Cameras
• IP Access Control
• IP Audio
• Building Automation Devices
• Data Center Direct Attach Cable Assemblies
• Transition Cables
• ANSI/TIA-568-C.2 Category 6A
• IEC 60603-7-41
• ISO/IEC 11801:2002 AMENDMENT 2 Class EA
• Supports IEEE 802.3an 10GBASE-T
• Supports IEEE 802.3at POE+
• Accommodates 22-24 AWG conductors
• Modular Interface: 750 mating cycles
• 1000 VDC Dielectric Withstand
• Current Rating (50°C): 1A
• 500MΩ Insulation resistance
• Temperature range: -40°C to 70°C
• UL 1863
|Oil, Gas & Mining|