With a novel design focused on simplicity and reliability, the MTP® PRO connector offers quick and effective polarity and pin reconfiguration in the field while ensuring product integrity and performance.
- Field Pin Change
Field friendly configuration while maintaining product integrity, fail safe handling of pins and easy color identification
- Field Polarity Change
Simple one-step color coded polarity change feature without removing connector housing
- Debris Reduction System
Geometry and material optimized to reduce debris generation
- Integrated Push-Pull Sleeve
Robust push-pull insertion and extraction housing design for ease of use and access
- Environmentally Friendly
RoHS and REACH compliant without exemptions
The MTP Elite brand connector is an improved version of the MPO style connector, offering features that benefit the user to get the best possible connection, including a removable housing for reworking the ferrule or changing the connector gender post-assembly.
Other features such as the patented ferrule float and stainless steel guide pin tips (available on male versions) help offer greater durability and accuracy. With this 12-strand fiber optic cable, you can perform an array of functions at a fraction of the space used by standard connector cables.
Each cable is assembled in-house our local facility, and tested for interferometry and insertion loss, so enjoy the American-made quality and high performance that LightWave cables provide.
LightWave brand MTP Cables are fully compliant with the guidelines of the Trade Agreements Act (TAA), and are approved for United States Government use.
Choose Your Gender
Female to Female - MTP/MPO (No Pin) to MTP/MPO (No Pin)
Female to Male - MTP/MPO (No Pin) to MTP/MPO (With Pin)
Male To - - MTP/MPO (With Pin) to MTP/MPO (With Pin)
Choose Your Polarity
Type A - Straight: Straight-through polarity is typically for connecting patch panels. They are wired in a mirrored configuration, going from Pin 1 on one connector end to Pin 1 on the opposite end, etc.
Type B - Rollover: Rollover polarity is used primarily for connecting to switches and transceivers in 40Gb applications. In a 12-strand rollover polarity, the cable is wired from Pin 1 on one connector end to Pin 12 on the opposite end. Then 2 to 11, and so forth.
Type C - Flipped: Pair-Flipped polarity is the most commonly used polarity type for this cable, and typically used in cassette-to-cassette applications. Pin 1 on one end goes to Pin 2 on the opposite end, and 2 to 1, 3 to 4, 4 to 3, and so on. This is the default polarity option, but you can select your desired polarity from our drop-down menu above.
MTP Elite Pro Boot 12-Strand Fiber Cable Features
- Space-saving 12 fibers in a single connector
- 2.0mm Plenum Rated Jacket
- High density connections between network equipment in telecommunication rooms
- Easy installation and removal with push-pull Pro Boot
- Compact design for high fiber-count applications with space limitations
- Simplex 2.0mm cable
- 9/125um OS2 Glass - Bend Insensitve Fiber fiber
- Plenum-Rated OFNP Yellow Jacket
- 12-Fiber count
- Nominal Diameter: 2.0mm
- 40G DR4 (4X10G) 8 Fiber
- 40G FR4 2-10 Kilometer (4X10G) 8 Fiber
- 40G LR4 10-20 Kilometer (4X10G) 8 Fiber
- 40G ER4 40 Kilometer (4X10G) 8 Fiber
- 100G DR4 (4X25G) 8 Fiber
- 100G FR4 2-10 Kilometer (4X25G) 8 Fiber
- 100G LR4 10-20 Kilometer (4X25G) 8 Fiber
- 100G ER4 40 Kilometer (4X25G) 8 Fiber
- 200G DR4 500 Meter (4X100G) 8 Fiber
- 200G FR4 2-10 Kilometer (4X100G) 8 Fiber
- 200G LR4 10-20 Kilometer (4X100G) 8 Fiber
- 200G ER4 40 Kilometer (4X100G) 8 Fiber
- 400G DR4 (4X100G) 8 Fiber
- 400G FR4 2-10 Kilometer (4X100G) 8 Fiber
- 400G LR4 10-20 Kilometer (4X100G) 8 Fiber
- 400G ER4 40 Kilometer (4X100G) 8 Fiber
- Bend Radius: 1.8in (Installation), 1.2in (Long-term)
| Connector Side A
||MTP/APC Elite Low Loss 12 Fiber||Connector Side B
||MTP/APC Elite Low Loss 12 Fiber|
|Ferrule Type Side A
|Ferrule Type Side A||
|Insertion Loss Maximum Side A
||≤0.35dB||Insertion Loss Maximum Side B
|Insertion Loss Typical
||0.10dB||Insertion Loss Typical
|Return Loss||≥60dB||Return Loss||≥60dB|
|Fiber Count||12||Fiber Grade||G.657.A1 (Compatible with G.652.D)|
|Polarity||Rollover (Type B)||Cable Outer Diameter||2.0mm|
|Cable Jacket||OFNP Plenum||Sub Unit Outer Diameter||N/A|
|Bend Radius, No Load
||10x cable overall diameter||Bend Radius, Load
||15x cable overall diameter|
||1 Gb Distance Max.
||10 Gb Distance Max.
|1310nm||> 25,000 Meters||1310nm||10,000 - 25,000 Meters|
|1550nm||> 40,000 Meters||1550nm||40,000 Meters|
|Operating Temperature||0° to 70°C (32° to 158°F)||Storage Temperature||-40° to 70°C (-40° to 158°F)|